Problem with Browser Sampler Stack in Rev/Mac 2.8.1

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Jun 7 14:12:47 EDT 2007

OK, so I found a "cure" for the functioning of Rev's Browser Sampler
Stack in Rev/Mac 2.8.1 using my Mac Mini.

When I make a standalone, nothing works - even when trying to navigate
from one page to another. But in relation to this, I am prepared to
believe provisionally that this stack is too big and clumsy for the
modest machine I am using. When physical memory is in short supply for
example, all kinds of crazy things can happen.

So I decide to make a simple stack to test the revBrowser. From RR
Newletter Issue 26, I construct the following stack:

--THIS IS IN THE CARD SCRIPT:

local sBrowserId = ""
# Opens the browser and sets initial url and position.

command browserInit
  local tBrowserId

  put revBrowserOpen(the windowId of this stack,
"http://www.google.com") into tBrowserId  --(all one line)

  browserEnsure tBrowserId
  put tBrowserId into sBrowserId

  revBrowserset sBrowserId, "rect", the rect of graphic "Browser Rect" of me
  revBrowserset sBrowserId, "scrollbars", true
end browserInit

--THIS IS IN A BUTTON:

on mouseUp
 call browserInit of this card
end mouseUp

--THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET:

Type Handler: can't find handler
Object card id 1002
Line browserEnsure tBrowserId
Hint browserEnsure

Please tell me theoretically whether there is anything wrong with the
above. You might try making an identical stack yourself, especially if
you have an Intel Mac Mini.

Bob