WMV files on WIndows XP using Rev 2.8.1

Ralf Bitter rabit at dimensionB.de
Thu Jun 7 07:35:50 EDT 2007

On 7. Jun 2007, at 08:06, Jim Sims wrote:

> Can anyone here play WMV files on WIndows XP using Rev 2.8.1?

Yes, as long as QuickTime is not installed. If it is installed one would
have to set dontuseqt to true, but this leads to an error.
I did tests with stacks in its most simple form and I saw the movie
playing,
but there was always the standard error message from the system
( app caused an error and needs to be closed, something like that).

And that is the reason why I am getting into real trouble with my
current project,
because the ability to play WMV files on Win, even if QuickTime is
installed, is essential
for the functionality of this app.

Ralf Bitter