There's no place like Home

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:39:47 EDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> If you had a Home stack in Rev like there was in HyperCard, what would
> you use it for?
>
> Keep in mind that Rev is a different beast than HC, so let your
> imagination run wild:  What would you expect to see in a Rev Home stack?

I use a couple of my own stacks: a stack launcher and a function key
handler, to replace some of the Home stack's features. In HC, I used
to have a lot of my own handlers in the Home stack's stack script, but
in Rev, I prefer to have that sort of thing on a project-by-project
basis and not as a permanent front or backScript.

If you wanted to replace something from HC, I reckon a much better
investment would be a provide a modern equivalent of the HC stacks
that included a bunch of sample fields and buttons.

Cheers,
Sarah