Legacy stack woes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 6 13:30:10 EDT 2007

Rob Cozens wrote:

>> Go to preferences, "Files and memory" pane, and turn off the option
>> that automatically adds the ".rev" extension. Also turn on the option
>> in the same pane that preserves the stack file type when saving a
>> legacy stack.
>
> Thanks.

I guess this is broken, as per a recent list post. While I do have the
option set in my own preferences, I also run a little startup handler
that resets the stackfileversion to 2.4 so that all my stacks are saved
as legacy. So if the option isn't working for you, you can just set the
stackfileversion in the message box before saving your stacks for now.

> Is there ever a need to reset stackFileVersion?

I guess it depends on how you work. Some people want each stack saved in
its original format, others want it always saved to a particular format.
It's mostly personal preference.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com