A glimpse of the future

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jun 6 10:11:31 EDT 2007

Hello Bob,

RevBrowser works with WebKit on the mac and IE engine on windows. It
needs an embedable engine to work, on linux it could use Gecko.

Right now Opera doesn't ship an embedable engine that I know of. You
have opera running on all kinds of machines such as Game Boy Advance
and PCs but you don't have an SDK where you can embed opera anywhere
so, you can't count on that for your MHTs.

What you can do however is to make Rev convert your MHTs on HTML + CSS
+ Image files, this would be a simple single loop conversion and then
you could use it by shell to firefox on linux. Or if you're planning
to ship a software where you control both ends (generation of content
and display of content) you can make zip files with the HTML + Friends
and use the new external to decompress to temporary location for
display. This would be true cross platform and allow you to bundle
even more resources such as audio, video and INTERACTIVE STACKS! ;-)

Andre