embedding a large number of copyrighted images

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jun 6 03:50:21 EDT 2007

Hi Nicolas,

Any Rev stack is fully loaded in RAM then 1000 embedded images might
mean too much RAM involved: you have to calculate this first.

If it is not too much, store the images into a specific custom
property set:
set the uImage[x] of this stack to url("binfile:" & <filePath>)
then:
set the text of img x to the uImage[x] of this stack

If it can't be done, a way (not tested) could be to save the images
stripping off some chars at the beginning of the file and create a
correct temp file on-the-fly by adding the missing data then delete
the temp file when it's no longer needed.
Official image files will be unreadable.
See the tempName function in Rev docs.
Hope this helps.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.