OT: Quicktime Bundling

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 5 20:03:28 EDT 2007

Mark Talluto wrote:
> Multimedia for all of us is going to overlap in some areas and be
> very different in others.  At this point I need to be able to play
> the latest video formats in Linux.  MPlayer <http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
> homepage/design6/news.html> seems to be the best bet for audio/video
> play back.  VR may require another technology all together.  There
> does not seem to be a one solution fits all for Linux.

VR is the least of my concerns at the moment.  Far more critical to at
least two shipping apps I manage is support for selections:  being able
to display a selection, store the user's selection, and set the selection.

I could write my own controller and selection manager I suppose, but
that's just added cost for a market that's smaller the the ones we don't
have to work as hard to support.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal