Don't you just wish Rev would do this?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Jun 5 16:20:27 EDT 2007

Microsoft seems to be doing very well without open-sourcing its
development tools.

I'm not sure what open-sourcing has to do with scaling.  Are you talking
about user-base or scalability of Revolution itself?

I think "open source" is almost a fad/buzzword; I'm not sure how
important it really is when it comes right down to it.  In order for
open source to be of any use, it needs an active developer community
that is maintaining and enhancing the code (at that without any economic
incentive).  OpenDarwin didn't work out, would OpenRevolution?  How many
of you want to muck about in the Revolution engine and freely contribute
enhancements (and make sure those enhancements work across Mac, Linux,
and Windows in all the different flavors)?

Right now we have a team of dedicated developers working on improving
and enhancing Revolution, developers who have a big economic stake in
the success of the product.