RTF - Quartam PDF Library

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 12:39:33 EDT 2007

--- -= JB =- <sundown at nwrain.net> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> If I have a text file saved that includes all of the
> RTF stuff in it
> can I print it out properly with Quartam PDF
> providing it only
> uses the Fonts you have listed.  I mean a file in a
> field that is
> not viewed with the proper fonts & styles but you
> can see it
> has been saved as RTF.
>
> Does RTF also save alignment and if so will Quartam
> PDF
> print the file out in full justification providing
> that is how it
> was saved as RTF.
>
> thanks,
> -=>JB<=-

Hi John,

RTF as a file format supports a tremendous amount of
features, including tables, headers, footers,
footnotes and all that you can put together with Word.
It's not that easy to parse but you can use RTF + Word
as a reporting vehicle from Revolution.

At this point in time, it is not my ambition to
convert RTF files into PDF documents. I believe there
are some utilities out there that can do it for you,
and those can even be called from the command-line.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>