am I right with select and group?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 5 05:51:15 EDT 2007

Hi Tiemo,

You don't need to group your images.
In addition, it seems that your syntax is not correct:

> export snapshot from grp "grpClipboard" to tClipboardImage as
> PNG

export snapshot from RECT (THE RECT OF grp "grpClipboard") to
tClipboardImage as PNG

You could try:

local tRect, tClipboardImage
-----
show img "a"
show img "b"
put the topLeft of img "a",the botRight of img "b" into tRect
-- assuming that img "a" is on the left :-)
export snapshot from rect tRect to tClipboardImage as PNG

Le 5 juin 07 à 11:39, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> Hello all, I'm not sure if my syntax is right, because I get unwanted
> results. What I want to do is to export a snapshot from two images
> as one
> image into the clipboard. I am doing this like:
>
> Select empty
>
> Show img "a"
>
> Show img "b"
>
>             select img "a" and img "b"
>
>             group
>
>             set the name of last group to "grpClipboard"
>
>             export snapshot from grp "grpClipboard" to
> tClipboardImage as
> PNG
>
>             set the clipboarddata["image"] to tClipboardImage
>
>             select empty
>
>         if  exists(group "grpClipboard") then
>
>             select group "grpClipboard"
>
>             ungroup
>
>         end if
>
> hide image "a"
>
> hide image "b"
>
> select empty
>
> everything works fine, but from now and then another hidden group,
> named
> "test" gets shown und ungrouped, or gets the name "grpClipboard".
> If it is
> not a bug, I assume my syntax with select and group isn't safe. Can
> anyone
> give me a hint, how to make this code more dafe, that always only
> my wanted
> images are selected and grouped / ungrouped?
>
> Thanks Tiemo

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.