Mac UB standalones and OS versions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Jun 4 21:33:25 EDT 2007

I can go all the way back to OS 8.6 for testing :-)  Actually, I
skipped from 8.6 to 10.2.8.  Never even saw OS 9.

The first OSX's that Apple sold included OS 9 on the CD.  But if you
waited.... if you didn't jump on the OSX bandwagon fast enough....
you didn't get OS 9 bundled.  I wasn't about to buy two OS's, it
irked me that Apple stopped bundling it, and since 10.2.x didn't
support OS 8.6 as the Classic standard, I had to partition the hard
drive and reboot if I wanted to change systems.

So my old G-3 is partitioned, with 8.6 on one, and 10.2.8 on the other.

What's really nifty is that my high tech sweetie set me up with a
monitor switch, so both my G-3 and Macintel can actually be on at the
same time, and with the click of one button, I'm here or there.  All
my games are on the old computer.... now THAT is hard to shut down!

Even niftier is that they are networked, the G-3, the Macintel, and
his Windoze.  So I can shoot my MC/Rev stacks from one to the other
for testing or compiling.

NICE!

Shari

--