Mac UB standalones and OS versions

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon Jun 4 09:47:33 EDT 2007

Jeff,

My condolences. Way back when I was beta testing my own software, I
kept several Macs "frozen in time" with old OSs. Unfortunately, this
kind of stopped with the advent of OSX; never believing in my worst
of dreams that there would be significant differences between the
various OSX releases. Was I ever dumb!

So, it seems that Rev needs to line up a series of reliable testers
who maintain "frozen in time" machines. I would think that they would
have done this in house in the first place; but, perhaps, they too
were caught unawares, now needing to rethink this strategy. This
programming thing just isn't very easy or simple these days, just
when we thought it might be getting to be both. (uncomfortable smile)

Joe Wilkins