Fields - WASTE

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Mon Jun 4 06:18:58 EDT 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:10 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, the WASTE
> engine is a Mac-specific technology - I think WASTE is
> used by SuperCard, which is only available for Mac.
> Revolution uses its own cross-platform library for
> handling field display. And that's something we can't
> just hack into with externals.
> It has its limitations (no paragraph-level formatting,
> only basic table support, single alignment,...) but it
> has plenty of features if you're not looking to build
> a competitor for MS Word ;-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jan Schenkel.
>
> Quartam Reports for Revolution
> <http://www.quartam.com>
>
> =====
> "As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same
> time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

    Hi Jan,

    No I am not looking to compete with MS Word or anything close.
    I am not interested in making a word processor as such.  What
    would be nice is to be able to hack in full justification or even
    better if Revolution made it a standard feature.  Do you know
    why they are not able to do it or don't want to.

    thanks,
    -=>JB<=-