Quartam Reports for Revolution

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 16:44:47 EDT 2007

--- -= JB =- <sundown at nwrain.net> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> In a previous email you signed your name:
>
> > Jan Schenkel.
> >
> > Quartam Reports for Revolution
> > <http://www.quartam.com>
>
> I looked at the website and would like to ask a
> few questions about Quartam Reports.
>
> One thing I bought from Ro for Hypercard was
> titled PrintReport.  It was a sophisticated XCMD
> for printing text and graphics.  I was able to print
> multiple columns from my fields & add graphics
> anywhere I wanted.  I could print colored text &
> styled text plus I could choose to have the text
> aligned Left-Center-Right and Full Justification.
>
> Are all of the above options available in Quartam
> Reports and if not do you have plans to add them
> in the future?
>
> thanks,
> John Balgenorth

Hi John,

>From what I remember of the PrintReport external, it
offered a collection of commands to draw graphics,
images and text onto printer paper.
If you need such pin-point control over every aspect
of the output of your report, you'll feel right at
home with Quartam PDF Library.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a report
building system modeled after the ones found in FoxPro
or Access, then Quartam Reports is just what the
doctor ordered.
Both libraries are meant for reporting, but from a
different angle:

Quartam Reports takes care of evaluating expressions,
tracking statistical data and tossing everything on
paper within bands and data groups - but you have
little control over the printout;
Quartam PDF Library gives you complete control over
what goes where, but doesn't help you calculate
anything - so just like when you're reporting to Html,
Rtf or Text files, you'll have to track everything
yourself.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====