Revolution - Graphing

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Sun Jun 3 06:00:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 1:14 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> All the tools we sell for Revolution are royalty free.  You are free to
> build software that uses the media in any way you want.  But from your
> email, I'm not sure if you're looking for a graph creating tool that
> you can
> distribute in your stacks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design

    When you mention a graph creating tool I am not sure exactly what
    you mean but I will try to further explain what I need.  I have
several
    types of stacks in hypercard.  There is data the user enters that I
am
    providing the user the ability to graph.  Since I have several stacks
    I have one stack that I made that can make various graphs from the
    other stacks.  From what you have said and the samples I looked at
    it appears I could probably make the bar and pie graphs available
    with the software you are selling even though they are not really a
    graphing package.  I am not going to sell a graph program alone.
    It will be an integral part of the other stacks.

    At the moment I am still using the trial package of Revolution and
    like many I am on limited funds.  Plus while I am learning to use it
    I am researching everything to see how I can accomplish what I
    am already doing in hypercard.  At the same time I am looking for
    new features and extras etc.  I like your gauges and see how they
    can be used to make graphs from what you have said.

    Even though I am not buying anything today I am interested in the
    price of your gauges etc.  They looked good.  Maybe by the time I
    get ready to add the graphing a package designed for that will be
    available.  But knowing where I can buy other things to spruce up
    my stack will always be important to me.  Like I said I have bought
    several things from Ro when he had Royal Software opened.  My
    interest are varied and expanding so keep me posted on anything
    you are selling for Revolution.  Someday I will start buying.

    thanks for the info,
    John Balgenorth