Revolution - Graphing

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Sun Jun 3 03:35:15 EDT 2007

On Jun 2, 2007, at 11:07 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> What kind of graphs do you need?  We have a product called tm|gauge
> that
> allows you to build custom gauge displays, including a scriptable pie
> chart,
> and with a little tweaking, you can turn a multi-segment gauge into a
> bar
> chart.
>
> You can view some samples by executing the following in your message
> box:
>
>   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/gauge_samples.rev"
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design

    That is a nice sample.  Concerning what types of graphs I need
    I am interested in all types.  I am fairly new to Revolution but I
    am a long time Hypercard user.  I have programmed some of
    my own XCMD's with CompileIt!  & have bought several from
    Ro Nagey when he had Royal Software available.  One of the
    packages I bought from him has "Hypergraph".  This was a well
    done commercial package that you could use in stacks you sell
    without royalties.  Hypergraph provided you XCMD's that would
    let you make various types graphs in Hypercard that would then
    be displayed in an external window.  They had color too.  You
    could customize the appearance.  It had line, bar, pie and polar
    graphs.

    So to answer your question I am planning on transferring some
    of my hypercard work to Revolution and would like to be able to
    provide end user the ability to graph different things.  Therefore
    all types of graphs interest me.  But I am interested in possibly
    using them in a commercial product.  I don't mind paying for a
    good package but I don't like royalties.

    Please tell me more about the cost of the Revolution software
    you sell and if it can be used by software developers royalty
    free or is it a package to be used only by the purchaser.

    thanks,
    John Balgenorth