Solution for closeField problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jun 1 02:17:52 EDT 2007

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 00:54:11 -0400, simplsol at aol.com wrote:

> Jacque,
> I've not used the Command C shortcut in Rev for a long time - because
> it didn't work reliably. The problem appeared to show up as soon as I
> selected Copy on the menu - I don't think the selection even made it
> to the clipboard. Sorry I haven't had time to investigate more
> thoroughly.

Ah, now I understand... if you select from the menu, you're doing a
mouseDown on the button that drops the Edit menu, which would trigger
the "select empty" and remove the hilite from the currently selected
text so there's nothing to copy.

So I guess the "select empty" fix would have to check to see if the
object you're mousing down on is a button in a menugroup. Another vote
for "true" menus! :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com