[ANN] BvG Docu gets an add-on AAG WebNotes

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 30 22:14:18 EDT 2007

Hello Folks,
We all know Björnke created a nice documentation viewer with BvG Docu. I
really enjoy it and was wondering what could I add to it, so today, I create
a new version o BvG Docu that has support for webnotes.

With webnotes you can add comments and attachments to any entry in the
revolution dictionary documentation. The comments are styled text and you
can even add images or stacks to them.
As soon as you add a webnote to an entry it becomes available to anyone
looking that entry. Very simple and easy to use.

This of course is only possible thanks to Björnke work, he created BvG Docu,
I just changed it to support networked notes with attachments. I as people
to try it out.

I've put a page online http://www.andregarzia.com/docuwebnotes.html with
explanations and the link to the file.

Please send feedback on this folks. The networking code is asynchronous :-)

I also use Mark Smith libUUID to generate the unique id for the webnotes.
Very nice lib!!!!

I polite request people not to abuse the comments or the attachments. It
still my server and my bandwidth costs (please no SPAM and no hosting the
latest harry potter movie).

So Thanks BvG and MarkS for all the code, they code, I code, we code, we all
win.

Andre