Convert to swf and other Flash questions

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Jul 28 20:56:53 EDT 2007

Is there a way to convert a .avi or .mov video file to swf in Rev (or
in the background via Rev control)? Tied in with this is the
assumption that the preferred way to display video in a browser is
with Flash. I know streamed Quicktime works fine, but my
understanding is that one can't assume the user has Quicktime
installed, but almost always has Flash installed. Is there any
disadvantage to using Flash versus Quicktime for displaying videos in
a browser?

Also, with a Flash video, is there a way to step through it (when
it's displayed in a browser) one frame at a time?

Thanks.
Richard Miller