[OT] Funny folk joining Yahoo Groups

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 09:01:48 EDT 2007

Recently I have noticed some funny e-mail addresses
joining my Yahoo groups - these are usually followed
in short-order by messages advertising ways to cheat
at exams, adverts for sex 'things', or other cr*p.
Odd, as most members of my Yahoo groups joined because
they are interested in Runtime Revolution. And, if
anybody joins any of my Yahoo Groups looking for the
above they are going to be seriously disappointed :)
Try:

instead :)

Why am I telling you this? Just so that if you
administer any Yahoo Groups you can keep your beady
eyes open before these funny people use them as ports
to flood people with spam.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.