HC to Rev conversion question

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jul 22 13:35:08 EDT 2007

you might be running into limits to the number of  stacks at a
time...if this is in a standalone situation.
I'm assuming you were using a lot of stacks because of the small
scripting space of HC.

What I humbly recommend is that you combine a lot of scripts  -- you
no longer have the 32k limitations of Hypercard for script length.
Try to get it down to 25 stacks or so.

And read everything Gaskin you can find.

Richard Gaskin, quoting from the bottom of the page:
http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html

Special Considerations
ScriptLimits
One thing to keep in mind when using libraries, backScripts, and
frontScripts is the difference in the number of each of these allowed
when running outside of the Revolution development environment, such
as in a standalone or with a player. These limits are noted in the
scriptLimits function, which (as of this writing) at runtime returns
10, 10, 50, 10 when running as a standalone, which corresponds to (in
order):
* the number of executable statements permitted when changing a script (10)
* the number of statements permitted in a do command (10)
* the number of stacks permitted in the stacksInUse (50)
* the number of objects permitted in the frontScripts and backScripts (10)
These limits only apply when running outside of the Revolution
development environment. When working in the Revolution development
environment no such limits exist.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o