RevMedia - what cant it do?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Jul 15 20:26:36 EDT 2007

On 16/07/07, Lynn Fredricks <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> > On the RevMedia question - there is a bunch of stuff I don't
> > get - it seems you can do everything except:
>
> -No Standalone - requires a player (and targets Windows and Mac only).

True but who needs a standalone - I never use them, rather bundle stacks
with custom players.

-Backdrop only.

Not with your own custom player

-No Database.

If you can use externals - you can use databases?

-No Interface Changes.

As far as I can tell you can pretty well do anything you want to the
interface - i can change the menubar to whatever I want, hide it even, use
any stacks and custom script editors, and define your own plugin system -
the only thing you cant do is palettes and modeless dialogs. In other words
studio, and enterprise users can create stacks and plugins for RevMedia
effectively transforming it into pretty much any appearance and
functionality.