for anyone curious about Linux byond Ubuntu...

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 04:36:55 EDT 2007

Still rabbiting on about FREE software.

Elive.

I don't know what those chaps are playing at: the
forced donation is neither one nor the other.

Obviously, the Elive people feel "coy" about making
their OS commercial - not entirely sure why - after
all being blunt and saying that Elive costs $25 (or
whatever) will put some people off, but probably not
as many as the forced donation "thing".

If you want to be paid for your work then say so.

What is nice about our world is that (at least in
large parts of it) there is room for a diversity of
belief systems, commercial systems and so on.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.