OT - Save the Mac Mini

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jul 13 14:03:14 EDT 2007

Paul,

Still using an Imagewriter? You got to be kidding me! Where does he
find ribbons for it? Do me a favor and ask him if he's got a
Thunderscan ;-)

RE: MTBF, I think I read somewhere where hard drives now have much
better shock resistance than what we used to work with. I've always
had hard drives fail, back in the day when LaCie and other Mac vendors
sold them to us, we routinely returned them for replacement. I don't
have any real figures on MTBF, just believe it to be true. I'll look
around for more info on it.

Yep, they're saying the Asus laptop will ship from $189 to $299.

-Chipp