Get the RGB values for the pixel under the mouse.

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 12 20:08:25 EDT 2007

This may go under the heading of "what I did with RR today."
Marginally useful.

We just received the California Department of Forestry map defining
the level of fire hazard:  Red for Very High, Orange for High, Yellow
for Moderate.

I wanted to get the fraction of the Very High area in our county.

To be sure of my code I started with a script to get the RGB values
under the mouse, using a MouseMove function.

To see this

go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/RGBunderTheMouse.rev"

Unfortunately the map does not show pure colors so getting the ranges
for each hazard zone is messy. But this utility is useful in
exploring the range of colors.

Jim