Problem when filling first line of a field with a text variable

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Jul 10 11:22:54 EDT 2007

Malte, Éric,  Jim, and Ralf,

I found my mistake (too diffiicult to explain and not interesting ;
by and large, I was simpy writing twice the same text into line 1,
and as I emptied the var meanwhile, line 1 was empty while line 2, 3
etc. were remaining)
I am feeling ridiculous :-((

I am ashamed and I apologize for the disturbance

Nevertheless, I did not waste my time completely : when searching my
error, I tried by chance to put my var in line 0 of the field and I
discovered that actually, a field has a line 0 !!!!
In fact,  it seems to be quasi synonymous of line 1
-----
put "Hi" into line 0 of fld "trial"
put "Hello" into line 1 of fld "trial"
------
--> the field  "trial" contains Hello (Hello replaces Hi)

but
------
put "Hi" into line 1 of fld "trial"
put "Hello" into line 0 of fld "trial"
------
--> the field  "trial" contains HelloHi (Hello is put before Hi)

"Comme c'est étrange" ;-)) (strange isn'it)

Anyway, thanks to you all for your answers

Best regards from Grenoble
André