for anyone curious about Linux byond Ubuntu...

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 16:13:08 EDT 2007

The direct download link, or one of them, is:

ftp://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/pub/linux/Elive/.jeacmuvUch0/Elive_1.0_Gem.iso

I agree to some extent -  the request for donation or contribution could be
done rather better, and there's been some correspondence about this on
distrowatch and OSNews.  But I also sympathize with the guys, because they
have done something rather amazing with very limited resources, and I can
imagine that when it gets, as it must now be, borderline full time, without
any very obvious way to generate any way of paying for it all, well, the
pressures may have told a little.

Anyway, the above link was published by Distrowatch with Elive's approval, so
if curious, I would use it, and if you think it deserving, give it a few
dollars.

Peter