Differences in handling german Umlaute of Runrev

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jul 9 07:35:23 EDT 2007

Hello

german Umlaute a, o, u are handled very different, when comparing and
searching
the Umlaute. There are differences in handling between:
1. the Umlaute a / o / u themselves
2. if you compare the Umlaute with "=" or offset()
3. If you use ISOTo Mac or let the standalone convert the charset
4. the Win and Mac standalone, created on Win. The Mac differenciates upper
and
lower case with the u Umlaut, even when setting the casesensitive to false,
what it doesn't do with a and o Umlaut

There are so many differences, that I don't want to describe them all here.
I created a test stack to show the differences and put it under my name
"Tiemo" on revonline. So if anyone is interested and wants to give me a
feedback of your experiences, you can upload the sample stack. Because it is
a bug concerning the character set, I don't know the behaviour on English
systems.

Thanks

Tiemo