implicitVars [Was: Re: Best Practices in Rev development]

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:31:09 EDT 2007

On 7/7/07, Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net> wrote:

> Oops, I just saw this...
>
> Copy/Paste works well, but the sequence:
>
>   - mouse move to highlight the word (lose your insertion point in
> the line you're working on)
>   - copy (two keystrokes)
>   - move mouse back to line
>   - paste (two keystrokes)
>

> is not as fast as ScriptPaint:
>
>   - mouse hover over word to copy (cursor stays in place)
>   - Cntrl Space (two keystrokes)

This puts a smile on my face because the best assistant for me is a program
called CopyPaste.

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/copypaste/

Apart from having 10 numbered clipboards that can be accessed by cmd-c-1,
cmd-c-2, cmd-v-1 etc etc, and being able to remember/access the last x
number of things you've copied - x being a number you set limited by system
memory. The feature I like the best is yType, which watches all your
keystrokes, remembers everything you've typed and predicts what your about
to type. By sensible use of naming conventions you can get it to
automatically come up with variable/handler/function names 99% of the time,
and the other 1% it comes up with a list of options you can click
on.Betteryet you can set up 'boiler plates' so that with just a few
key strokes you
can have large chunks of data typed for you such as:
ofsv => of stack "Very long name in here"
ocsv => of card "Long Card Name Here" of stack "long stack name here"
swi3 => a switch structure with 3 case statements
swi4 => a switch structure with 4 case statements
book => an entire book if you set it up correctly

Unfortunately, Rev and CopyPaste don't get on :-(