XML headaches

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Jul 6 07:38:12 EDT 2007

Thanks Ken, that´s what I was afraid of.

Andre: The > is in the contents of the node, not in the Tag name. The
whole thing is UTF8 encoded, so I do not see how the external should
lose any char in the node contents. It appears that it doesn´t get along
with mixed stuff in node contents (btw: if all is in attributes the same
data is retrieveable) So I think it is a bug in the external. I will
upload some demo XML + a test stack to Godzilla erm. Quality centre,
which shows the problem.

Of course it could be a prob in my code which (simplified) reads like this:

on mouseUp
  local tVar,tTree,tContents, tNode
  answer file "Unicode XML"
  put URL ("file:"&it) into tVar
  put unidecode(uniencode(tvar,"UTF8"),"ANSII") into tVar
  put revCreateXMLTree(tVar, false, true, false) into tTree
  put revXMLFirstChild(tTree, "/response/profiles") into tNode
  repeat until tNode is empty
    put revXMLNodeContents(tTree, tNode & "/name") into tContents
    if char 1 to 5 of tContents is "XML -" then
      exit repeat
    end if
    put revXMLNextSibling(tTree, tNode) into tNode
  end repeat
  answer tTree,tContents
end mouseUp

So if you see any problem in the code, please let me know.

Thanks for your time. And time to send SOS to the mothership I´m afraid.

All the best,

Malte