scripting challenge Contest ?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 13:53:24 EDT 2007

There is a wee challenge I posted to the metacard list for a  function that
returns whether a whole text string is in a  variable (must handle all
punctuation and ends of line etc), along the  lines of...

put "This is a  test-piece." into sourceText (note the  punctuation and
hyphen)
whole("a test",sourceText)   =>  FALSE
whole("is a test-piece",sourceText)  => TRUE
whole("is  a test-piece.",sourceText)  => TRUE

There have been some good  attempts but it has yet to be solved completely.
Perhaps someone on  this list is up for it.

/H