What I did with Rev last night

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 5 12:44:50 EDT 2007

It's fascinating hearing how people use Rev to solve little problems.

A couple of years ago my wife was researching art prints to hang on a
large, bare, oddly-shaped wall in a stairway in our home. She was
having trouble visualizing how the prints would look hanging on the
wall, so I whipped up a Rev stack that showed a polygon of the same
shape and relative dimensions of the wall, and gave her a palette of
image objects that represented the relative sizes of the prints
available. The stack would read in sample images she downloaded and
display them in the image objects. She was able to see how different
combinations of prints would look on the wall. She loved it, and
finally settled on a large, framed reproduction of Monet's Garden at
Argenteuil.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University