Sending email from within an application: Thanks!

Beynon, Rob R.Beynon at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 18:58:16 EDT 2007

I wanted help in sending an email from within an app, using the University mail server...

Thanks to Mark Smith, Andre Garzia and Scott Rossi, all of whom took the time to point me in the right direction.

In the end, and guided by their advice, I also found Sarah Reichelt's SMTP library and surmised that it would do what wanted. However, surmise became reality through a patient and enormously helpful dialogue with Sarah (what a star!) and I now have the tricky bit of a little application working. I am one happy bunny!

Thanks to all, and especially Sarah.

________________________________

Prof R J Beynon[h]
Proteomics and Functional Genomics Group
Faculty of Veterinary Science
University of Liverpool
Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ

Phone: +44 151 794 4312