What I did with Rev last night

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Jul 4 18:22:57 EDT 2007

Well, I have only two sorry little entries.

The first was a repeat of what Catherine Kunicki did and announced on the
HC list some time ago when her daughter had a guitar that needed tuning.
About a year ago I bought a miniature but functional guitar (okay, the
functional part is iffy at best as it doesn't stay in tune long) but came
out of the store out of tune, so I whipped open Jon Bettancourt's (sp?)
CommandAgent or whatever it was called that allowed you to simulate the

play "flute" b3w

functionality.  I could have used my flute, but then couldn't maintain the
tone AND tune the guitar strings simultaneously.

The second was a little "learn your ABCs" for the kiddies about a year
ago.  I found a set of animated letter GIFs (and made the mistake of
importing all 26 of them to a 'library' card; processor predictably slowed
to a crawl).  It used TTS and allowed each child to select a "helper"
franchise character.  Whever I'd work on it, the two of them would
positively all but crawl into my laptop screen in excitement.

Judy