Deleting files on Vista

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Jul 3 21:46:51 EDT 2007

Jacque-

Monday, July 2, 2007, 1:11:55 PM, you wrote:

> Elsewhere I also found this note: Since you’re running this program with
> administrative privileges you’ll be prompted by UAC every time you use
> the software as a security precaution.

Note that UAC can be turned off. It's somewhere in the security
control panel settings. Thankfully I don't have a Vista computer in
front of me at the moment to find out exactly where.

And do note that running in admin mode isn't the same as running as
the user called Administrator. That's turned off in Vista, and there
are some things you can only do from that account, so you might want
to consider enabling it:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=537806

--
-Mark Wieder