Deleting files on Vista

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 2 16:11:55 EDT 2007

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> I don't have Vista yet but I know this is going to come up for my
>> clients eventually. Could someone give a step by step instruction for
>> setting an app to run as administrator, something that I can quote until
>> I break down and get my own copy?
>
> I don't have Vista in front of me but IIRC, I do it by right-clicking on the
> Rev app and choosing the selection from the contextual menu.  I couldn't
> find a way to make the setting "stick" but there may be one.

Thanks to both you and Ken. I did some poking around and found you can
do this:

    1. Right-click the program icon and click Properties.
    2. On the Property sheet, click the Compatibility tab.
    3. Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an
administrator check box, and then click OK.

Elsewhere I also found this note: Since you’re running this program with
administrative privileges you’ll be prompted by UAC every time you use
the software as a security precaution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com