ANN: Snapper Screen Recorder for Mac OS X

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 2 11:05:55 EDT 2007

Hello Mark,

try this, get the global cursor location for each frame, if you can't do
that in Rev, then you can do that with applescript, I am sure. just record
the positions for each frame. Then before packing the images together, use
an PNG with alpha channel and put it on the location for each frame and take
a new snapshot. This will take more time rendering but I think it will work.
With such technique you can also implement cursor trails to help people see
what is happening or custom cursors.

two things come to mind:
Applescript OSAX ExtraSuite http://osaxen.com/files/extrasuites1.1.html
This suite has mouse location functions.

Or you can for each frame capture, lock the screen, show a stack the size of
the screen, get the mouseloc() for that stack, hide the stack. Don't know
how fast you can do this and how it affects the fps.

Some better coders in here may have better ideas!!! :-D

Cheers
andre