core image transitions

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon Jul 2 10:08:20 EDT 2007

Claudi - I have not tried the core transition blend modes, but looking at
the Apple documentation it seems that you may need some parameters:

CISaturationBlendMode

Uses the luminance and hue values of the background with the saturation of
the source image.
Parameters*inputImage*

A CIImage class whose display name is Image.
*inputBackgroundImage*

A CIImage class whose display name is Background Image.
Now - I'm not sure what the parameters are in Rev - but it should look
something like:

> show image "Target Image" with visual effect CISaturationBlendMode with *
> inputImage* id 5389 and *inputBackgroundImage* id 5394

As others look like this:

show image "Target Image" with visual effect CISaturationBlendMode with
> backsideImage id 5389 and shadingImage id 5394

You may want to look at using Quartz Composer - You should be able to create
movies in which you can move and animate the various layers with the effects
you describe. These are then simple QuickTime movies so you can play them in
Rev stacks - on OSX Tiger and above. You should be able to add inputs so
that the videos talk to each other, and you may need to make Rev loop the
videos and have some problems with glitches on looping....

If I get you right you are doing a four sided cube installation? Can i come
and see it :)