core image transitions

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Mon Jul 2 08:58:48 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Currently I am working on a "arty" project. In a kind of dark box
images (actually
always tiling patterns) will be projected on all 4 sides. In this box
will be tables and chairs
and people will be sitting there. These patters (hundreds of them) will
slowly
dissolve one in the other. This part I got working beautifully with
blendLevels and
different inks. (the patterns will be choosen at random and also the
timing will have
a random component)

The next part is more complicated and I don't know if it can be done in
rev. (I hope so)
Over these background patterns I need to move spot's of other patterns,
bit like clouds. These "clouds" should change the undelying pattern in
contrast,
or color, or luminosity etc. I was hoping I might use the new core
transitions to
achieve this but I can't get them to work.

I manage the CIDissolveTransition to work but alas I can't get any of
the
blendModes to do anything. I hope there is something obvious I am
missing.

I have a stack with 2 images and a btn with the script.

on mouseUp
    hide img "testImg"
    do "show img" && quote & testImg & quote && "with visual effect
CISaturationBlendMode slowly"   -- for instance, I tried all blendModes
end mouseUp

I also tryed to put the destination img after the blendMode (with
visual effect CISaturationBlendMode slowly to "bgImg")

Alas no dice. After a delay the testImg just pops in front of the
bgImg. No transition no combining of the 2 images, nothing.

If anyone has a sugestion, please I am in a bit of a fix now, not
knowing if it can be done with rev or that I
need to find some other way to do this (other solutions are very
welcome as well of course)

All the best
   Claudi

Ps. I have the newest macBook and of course 10.4 and the latest build
of rev.