which one is faster marking cards or custom prop + lineoffset?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 13:12:09 EDT 2007

In my very limited experience, the key question is what kind of searching do
you want?  Simple partial word match with correct spelling, or compound
words that continually narrow the search
(and even booleans such as FIND('Tom' or 'Thomas') and FIND('Jackie' or
'Jacquie' or 'Jaci' or 'Jacqi')

Allowing the user to put in one word, see the result list, then add words to
shorten the list seems to be faster if you are working with the short list
rather than managing the marked cards.

I guess you need to decide how often there will be multiple hits and how
will the user know when there is more than one.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas