In standalone, closing a modal closes everything

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Wed Jan 31 07:16:50 EST 2007

Well, I guess it is fixed.  I had had no closeStack handler in the
substack, but when I place

  on closeStack

  end closeStack

into the stack script of the substack, the resulting executable works.
Apparently, a call within the substack button to 'close this stack' or
'close stack "License"' sends a closeStack message up the hierarchy?  I
did not realize this...I thought the button script had to specifically
say 'closeStack' to yield that result.

So 'close this stack' in the button apparently reaches the following in
the stack script of the main stack

  on closeStack
    if the environment is not "development" then quit
  end closeStack

which I guess explains why I was not having a problem in the development
environment.

Thanks everybody for bearing with me.

Mark