Infinity Char on Windows

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 02:46:08 EST 2007

On 29 Jan 2007, at 04:26, Ken Ray wrote:

> Personally, I'd suggest replacing your Mac-only infinity symbols with
> the symbol from the Symbol font (ASCII 165), which is cross-
> platform so
> you won't have to do anything special for Windows.

There's a possible gotcha...  While the Symbol font may seem cross-
platform friendly, if stored in a field, Rev will perform a MacToISO
or ISOToMac on the field when you open the stack on the platform on a
different platform from which the stack was last saved.

> Rather than scripting font, size, and shift changes to the field,
> and then back again every time the user types infinity, I might be
> able to achieve the same effect by putting a permanent infinity
> behind the field, and hiding the field if the user types the space
> bar.

Because of the above issue, as well as hiding the front field, you
may need to reset the infinity character at the same time in case it
has been "converted".

Cheers
Dave