Is there a reason to own 2 different Studio platforms?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 17:51:17 EST 2007

You only *need* one, but it's *handy* to have it for all your target
platforms.

An example from this afternoon:

Development so far has been on OS X, as part of the preopenstack
command I was setting the contents of several fields to "" so that
they would start off empty. Slightly later on I was checking if the
fields were empty before doing some resizing stuff.

Build standalones for OS X & Win. Boot up Parallels, load up a QTVR
file and the resizing function isn't working in the Windows version.

Turns out that putting "" into a fld on Windows actually puts "0" in
there. This was causing the field not to be empty, and giving a
'divide by 0' error. The standalone wasn't giving an error message.
By having the development environment available I immediately saw the
error message and could track down the bug.

Ian