U3 questions

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Jan 30 13:20:55 EST 2007

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> If I'm required to make my own custom-built drive to do that I may not
> bother with U3 at all, since we also need Mac and Linux support as well
> and the complications of U3 may not be worth it just to get auto-launch
> on one platform.

If you want auto-launch, you'd be better of writing your own Application
to do it. A program that sits on a Mac, Windows and Linux box that
constantly polls for the device, and then launches the program when found.

And something to ponder... The only reason I have U3 on my flash drive
is because I can now develop for it.  Before Rev supported U3, I removed
it from my flash drive as I saw no benefit from it.  Just my two cents.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/