Visibility Problem in Windows XP

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 30 00:49:39 EST 2007

Charles Szasz wrote:
> I reported this problem related to fonts not showing up in Windows
> builds before. And it came back after I recreated my original stack by
> copying and pasting. I downloaded a Windows version of Revolution and
> began to fiddle around with the fonts that were not showing up. The
> problem is definitely related to the font that is being used. In my case
> I used Arial, which does not work well even with the Windows version of
> Rev! Aria was highly recommended as one of the fonts you could use on
> both Windows and the Mac.

I've been waiting to see if anyone has anything to add about this, but I
guess not. I suspect the reason is that no one has seen it (I never
have.) I regularly use Ariel in stacks on Windows without any problem,
so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing a display. Does your field text
contain high-ascii characters? Maybe the Ariel font doesn't contain the
characters you're using; each font is a little different. That's about
all I can think of. Ariel does fine on Windows for me. I've never seen a
centering problem either.

As an experiment, try making a new stack with a single field and no
scripts. Type some words in the field and make the field's textfont
Ariel. Now open it in Windows. Does it display there? If so, then the
problem is something in your particular stack rather than in the field
or font.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com