Fonts on Windows

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 23:42:50 EST 2007

I reported this problem related to fonts not showing up in Windows
builds before. And it came back after I recreated my original stack
by copying and pasting. I downloaded a Windows version of Revolution
and began to fiddle around with the fonts that were not showing up.
The problem is definitely related to the font that is being used. In
my case I used Arial, which does not work well even with the Windows
version of Rev! Aria was highly recommended as one of the fonts you
could use on both Windows and the Mac.

So far I found that the Tahoma  font works better but it has problems
with formating. If you format for center alignment, it will not be in
the center. i have not had the opportunity to check the other Window
fonts, which I will do tomorrow.

My first question then is what Windows XP fonts do Rev Windows
developers used? My second question: Has the "owner's font" problem
associated with formating (bold, etc) been corrected? I find it
unusual that the Rev Manual only gives a fleeing mention of owner's
fonts. I did not know about owner's font until I used the text menu
in the menu bar. I always used the inspector, which does not list it.

I would greatly appreciate any information on this subject!!

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com