Quicktime / player limits?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Jan 28 19:48:42 EST 2007

On Jan 28, 2007, at 7:43 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> Pierre, how do you determine the rect of the player when playing a
> stream if the rect of the particular file is not known?

Stephen

Try formattedHeight and formattedWidth of the player object after
setting the url.  For a streaming movie, you may need to wait a
little while before this information becomes available.  I'm not sure
how Rev handles it under the hood.  The EnhancedQT external lets you
query the download state of the url being loaded in the player using
qtGetMovieLoadState() if you end up needing to monitor that.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com