Quicktime / player limits?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jan 28 02:16:51 EST 2007

Hi Jacque,

no, tons of ram (2 gigs, 4 apps running, and the download time
difference between 3 and 5 mb is negligible on a 6mbs cable modem.

other interesting developments:

alwaysbuffer set to true does not seem to improve things.

setting the alwaysbuffer to true also seems to lock out mouseclicks
on the controller. stopping and starting can then only be
accomplished with the spacebar in this mode, play/pause and
forward/reverse are disabled.

I got the video to stream from a real quicktime streaming server, and
it worked. However, it did not automatically size to its proper
height and width as it does using a http or local file reference, but
instead shrunk to the default size.

In that case it appears one must know the dimensions in advance.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o