Alt-things re-uploaded

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 03:57:34 EST 2007

It would be very nice if someone could post some instructions, even one or two
lines, on how to (a) install these things (b) use them, under Linux.   The
Linux versions consist of three .rev files. The documentation tells you what
to do with either the Windows or the Mac versions, but there are no
instructions about Linux.  This is what I have tried so far:

-  put them in the top level Rev folder
-  put them in plugins folder
-  put them in third party folder
-  created an Externals folder at the top level and put them in that

restarting Rev on each occasion.

There are no perceptible effects from any of the above.

-  looked for a home stack to try to set it to use them

Can't find one.

-  run them as a shell script with root privileges and with user priveliges

Permission is denied.

-  open message box on Rev start and try 'set the external of this stack
to....' one of them.

Compile error, double binaries.

- open them in an editor to see what they do

They will open in Kate, but it detects binaries and warns of corruption on
save.

Is there some very simple process which I've simply failed to grasp?  Or do
they maybe just not work in Linux?

Peter