CDATA

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 02:13:53 EST 2007

Hey,
  Here I am on  the usergroup again needing even more help on XML.  I am
trying to use CDATA to store HTML-formatted text inside a node, but I am not
having much luck.  The text starts out looking like this:

Then I wrap it in the CDATA tag:
<![CDATA[ <p>Hey! 20857</p>

Then I store it in the XML.  It looks like this in the XML:
<htmlText><![CDATA[ <p>Hey!</p

Then upon retrieving it, I only get the first line.  In this case:
Hey!

In an earlier post on this Ken Ray said:

> Yes, it is AFAIK - if you have *just* CDATA, you should be able to read
it,
> but if you have both text contents of a node AND CDATA, the CDATA is not
> read. It's odd that it works on Windows, though, and not Mac since I
thought
> it used the same library code under the hood.

I am running OS X and plan to release for OS X, so there is a bug, but
because I am not storing anything else inside the CDATA text, I didn't think
it would affect me.  Thanks again for all the help you guys have given me
throughout my struggle with XML.

  TTFN
    Bridger Maxwell
    Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center